This is a relatively smaller build but it’s one that comes with a major piece of functionality that will allow COMs and GMs the opportunity to contribute to the fantasy of their league. Media Articles are basically here to put an end to one of the needs of having forums. I have some further plans for Media Articles but we take baby steps first.
We also added in commentary from the AutoGM on declined trades. It’s nothing huge or robust… just a little something to give you an idea about why the trade was declined.
Leagues now have the opportunity to allow GMs to contribute to the overall fantasy and culture of the league and team by writing media articles. Media articles are typically written in the vein of a local tv station or newspaper covering the team. This also allows the GM to earn extra money for their team.
COMs can modify settings in the Settings > Media Settings section. In here, the COM can set:
– Articles require COM Approval (default) or are automatically approved on GM Submission.
– Minimum Words required to qualify an article to earn money. By default this is set to 300 words.
– Maximum Revenue allowed for each article. By default this is set to $250,000.
– Revenue / Word will set how much money is earned per word (as long as they meet the Minimum Words requirement). By default this is set to $500 / word.
Media Articles will appear on the League home page above the Game Results.
Bug Fixes & Miscellaneous Changes
– The AutoGM will now respond with very basic comments on why the trade was declined. You will know if you’re close to a deal (within 25%) or not.
– Fixed an issue where teams were not allowed to view trades they were not involved in.
– Status messages with excessively long words will now be wrapped so the Commissioner’s Corder, Game Results and League Activity are not squished.
– Users will now be able to Toggle whether the Commissioner’s Corner, Recent Media Articles, Game Results, Recent League Activity and Status Updates are shown.
– Fixed an issue where old draft picks would incorrectly be shown for trades completed by the Commissioner.
– Fixed an issue where Trades completed by the COM would not void other pending trades for the same players / picks.
– Fixed an issue where the play by play indicated the Goalie was being put back in the net despite never getting pulled for the extra attacker. Released on February 16 2016.
– Fixed an issue where a team losing by 1 or 2 goals would still pull the goalie if they were killing a penalty. Goalies should never be pulled if the team is on the penalty kill. Released on February 16 2016.
– Fixed an issue there a COM placing a player on waivers would calculate the end time based on days instead of hours. Released on February 24 2016.
– Fixed an issue where players were being released from teams and were placed in free agency, however, the AutoGM would not necessarily see them. Released on February 25 2016.
– Fixed an issue where attempting to relocate a team would result in an error. Released on March 5 2016.
– Fixed an issue where the new Fighting skill was not showing up in the Edit Player screen for COMs. Released on March 14 2016.
– Fixed an issue where Firing a Coach was not applying the league’s Salary Buy-Out Percentage. Released on March 14 2016.
– Added a new Unprotected Player report. The report will only appear for GMs or COMs when they are logged into UHS. Released on March 14 2016.
– Fixed an issue where Teams with a negative account balance could not purchase a $0 medical facility or staff. Released on March 14 2016.
– Fixed an issue where Players would remain protected after being traded, allowing teams to exceed the maximum allowed protected value set by the COM. This fix will be applied to AutoGMs once the build has been released. Released on March 14 2016.
– Fixed an issue where Expansion Teams were not appearing in Priority Lists for Waiver Claims. Released on March 14 2016.
– Fixed an issue where the AutoGM was able to draft underaged players. Released on March 26 2016.
– Fixed an issue where the AutoGM was signing drafted players to $0.125/1 contracts when they should have automatically be signed to the Salary / Contract as set by the Commissioner. Released on March 27 2016.