UHS Build 6282 – April 29 2014
This build is focused primarily on returning public websites back UHS. As some of you may know we used to have a VERY basic public website where COMs could customize things like font, colours and background themes. While our new version removes that type of functionality it does offer new options the league never had before in addition to a ton of new information. We also added a range to referee tolerance as well as made the “League Locked” text in the header stand out a little bit more for leagues that may have accidentally locked things and forgot about it.
Public Websites Are Back
The very basic version of the public websites did not make it through the UHS Dark conversion as I wanted to get UHS Dark out there and then work on a newer, better version of the public websites. Now we have it. The new version closely mimics the design of UHS Dark and provides a lot more data. Users will now be able to watch live games for their league without having to log in. I tried to put in as much general information into the site so users would only need to log in to UHS directly if they needed to take care of something with their team (like roster changes, making contract offers, making trades, etc).
COMs will be able to upload their league logo as well as that of any team in the league. The COM can use the Upload Logo tool, found in the Tools menu, to upload their graphics. Logo restrictions are as follows:
– Can only upload GIF, JPEG or PNG.
– File names must be unique.
– Images can be a maximum of 200 KB in size.
– Image dimensions should be square as they will be displayed as 75×75 (for league logo) and 150×150 (for team logos).
COMs will also be able to enter Team Chronology information (ie, who GM’d when, or what-have-you) that will appear on the Team Home Page. COMs will find the Chronology field available when Editing a Team. Go to Manage > Teams. Click on the Edit button the team you to want to edit. This text will be displayed as HTML, so bust out your markup language cheat-sheet.
We will eventually add the Twitter & Facebook bar to the right (as it is shown when you log into UHS), but for now we’re aiming at ensuring that the public websites are solid.
If there are any issues that you find or things you’d like to see, please feel free to let us know via the usual methods.
Thank you to the these leagues that helped us by participating in the public website test:
– Worldwides Hockey League: http://uhs.hockeysim.ca/Leagues/WHL
– Dorchester United Hockey League: http://uhs.hockeysim.ca/Leagues/DUHL1
– Original-Six Hockey League: http://oshl.hockeysim.ca
Inaugural Draft Serpentine
Inaugural Drafts will now always be conducted in a serpentine order. Every even-numbered round will draft in reverse order. Originally I intended to add this as a toggle, however, to be fair for the first draft of your league you should probably be doing a serpentine order anyway.
League Locked Colour
When a league is locked the “League Locked” text will now appear Bold Red. This is done to help it stand out for COMs that may have accidentally left the league locked.
Referee Tolerance Threshold
We’ve put a threshold on Referee Tolerance so the range is now 0% to 10%. Typically keeping this at about 4% will generate an appropriate number of penalties. Think of it like this… every time there is an action, this value is checked… the higher it is the more penalties could get called.
In the All Players and All Goalies statistics we’ve added “Cups”. This is the number of Cups the player has won over their career.
– Fixed an issue where the hyperlink was appearing in the submit button in the Waivers confirmation page.
– Fixed an issue where a team could make a claim on a waiver despite not being higher in priority. Released April 19 2014.
– Fixed an issue where making a team defunct would delete previously used draft picks. Released April 21 2014.
– Fixed an issue where Goal, Assist and Point Streaks for Players were continuously being overwritten regardless of whether the record was broken. Released April 23 2014.